The following resources will assist your chapter in their yearly budgeting process.
- Seminar Budget Guidelines Worksheet
- Financial Planning PowerPoint
- Chapter Seminar/Conference Budgeting PowerPoint
Chapter Escrow is issued between the 15th and 20th of each month to each chapter. It contains all chapter payments receive for new and renewing membership for the previous month (Example: Funds received on October 15th were for all dues collected in the month of September). If the chapter enrolls in direct deposit the funds will be distributed that day. If the chapter elects to receive their funds by check, the checks will be mailed that day to the treasurer (unless a different address or individual is indicated to HQ). For direct deposit please fill out this form. There are times when a member does not join a chapter during their normal renewal period. They are still able to join a chapter through ARMA International. When they do join the chapter after they have joined ARMA, the chapter dues amount will be pro-rated based off of the number of months they have remaining in their ARMA membership. When they are invoiced for their membership renewal it will be for both the ARMA and chapter members at the full amount.
ARMA International partners with File990.org. All U.S. chapters should e-file their necessary IRS 990 tax forms with this platform.
Safe Guards/Financial Review Guidelines:
Suggested Safe Guards
- Require two signatures on all checks.
- Require supporting information from your treasurer to support all financial reports. Attach copies of supporting bank statements, etc., that validate the numbers reported.
- Require more than one individual to regularly review bank statements.
- Require more than one individual to have access to online bank and financial information.
- Use extreme caution if your chapter has a credit or debit card. If you do have one, be sure that numbers 2, 3, and 4 above are in place.
- It is encouraged that the chapter due a financial review each year after the close of the fiscal year.
Sample Financial Forms:
These sample forms can be used to guide your chapter's financial practices. Feel free to download these and modify them to fit your chapter's needs.