ByLaws & Amending ByLaws:
Prior to adoption of any amendment to a Chapter’s Bylaws, the Chapter President provides a review copy of the proposed amended documents, clearly showing the change from the current approved document, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is the bylaw outline with the information that the chapters are required to contain in their bylaws that align with ARMA International's Bylaws.
- Chapter Bylaw Outline
- Article III; Section 6: New wording to reflect change in International membership policies.
- Bylaw Points to Consider
The following resources will assist officers in running an effective meeting.
- Procedure Cheat Sheet
- Sample Meeting Procedure Guidelines
- Sample Agenda for Conducting a Chapter Meeting
- Sample Agenda for Board Meetings
- Pointers about Minutes
- Sample Minutes
- Tips for the Presiding Officer
- Guidelines of Teleconference Meetings
Items to consider for elections:
- Review bylaws for correct procedure of nominations and elections.
- Ensure that voting is done in accordance to bylaws and state law.
- Review the Nomination and Election of Officers Outline.
- Sample Ballot
- Sample Election Letter to Chapter Members
- Sample Installation of Officers
- Annual Chapter Board of Directors Information Form - for leadership changes at the beginning of a fiscal year