ByLaws & Amending ByLaws:
Prior to adoption of any amendment to a Chapter’s Bylaws, the Chapter President provides a review copy of the proposed amended documents, clearly showing the change from the current approved document, to the Region & Chapter Team.
The Region & Chapter Team coordinate an expeditious review of the proposed change, and the results of the review are communicated to the Chapter President no later than 30 days after receipt of the changes. Each Chapter President ensures that a current copy of the chapter’s approved Bylaws are on file at ARMA Headquarters.
Below is the bylaw outline with the information that the chapters are required to contain in their bylaws that align with ARMA International's Bylaws.
- Chapter Bylaw Outline
- Article III; Section 6: New wording to reflect change in International membership policies.
- Bylaw Points to Consider
The following resources will assist officers in running an effective meeting.
- Procedure Cheat Sheet
- Sample Meeting Procedure Guidelines
- Sample Agenda for Conducting a Chapter Meeting
- Sample Agenda for Board Meetings
- Pointers about Minutes
- Sample Minutes
- Tips for the Presiding Officer
- Guidelines of Teleconference Meetings
Items to consider for elections:
- Review bylaws for correct procedure of nominations and elections.
- Ensure that voting is done in accordance to bylaws and state law.
- Review the Nomination and Election of Officers Outline.
- Sample Ballot
- Sample Election Letter to Chapter Members
- Sample Installation of Officers
- Annual Chapter Board of Directors Information Form - for leadership changes at the beginning of a fiscal year
- Chapter Board of Directors Update Form - for leadership changes that occur throughout the year