On this page you'll find a wealth of recruitment materials that should help you reach prospects, demonstrate value, and make connections.
- Levels of Membership
- Value of Membership
- Organization ROI: The Value of ARMA International Membership
- Sample Letter for you to send to colleagues who would find value in joining ARMA
- Talking points on reasons to join ARMA International
- Talking points on reasons to join an ARMA International chapter
- A phone script for you to use when you call prospective members
- Infographics to share with prospective members that highlight the value of being a member of ARMA International and of an ARMA International chapter
- Information on being a social media ambassador for ARMA International
- Sample posts of a social media brand ambassador
- A presentation your chapter can use to recruit new members to ARMA International and your chapter.
- Prospect lists are essential to the growth of your chapter and help organize who the chapter will reach out to. See this template to get started.
- Supplemental power point:
- San Francisco chapter
- Metro New York chapter
How to read the 099 report and why chapter leaders receive it: 099 members are members of ARMA International who have not joined a chapter. They have only paid the association dues. The 099 lists are provided by region to each chapter on the 5th of each month, so that your chapter can follow up with those in your area. Contact and membership information is provided to allow your chapter to reach out to those closest to your chapter.
We strongly encourage you to reach out to these members. Invite them to a chapter event, let them see how awesome your chapter is. Invite them to join your chapter. You can invite them to attend events and invite them to join your chapter.
When these members want to join your chapter, they can in the following ways:
- They can pay on the ARMA International site. Have them log into their MY ARMA account, click on "Join Chapter" and follow the prompts. The chapter dues amount will be pro-rated based off of the number of months they have remaining in their ARMA membership. Once the transaction is complete the funds will be distributed to the chapter based on the normal Chapter Escrow process and they will appear on the next chapter roster.
- They can pay their chapter dues directly to the chapter or the chapter can choose to waive them to introduce them to the chapter. When this happens notify HQ so that we can update the members record so that they appear on your next chapter roster and on their next renewal invoice.
As a chapter leader, you can choose to receive these notifications by selecting the Receive Monthly Roster column on the Chapter Board Update Form.
For more information on recruiting new members to your chapter, check out the Membership & Marketing articles in our Chapter Connections Library.